The land at 717 Milwaukee Avenue was part of a farm owned by Alfred and Mary Jane Fowle. The land was subdivide in 1892 and the home was built in 1897. Throughout the years, many additions and improvements were made to the house.
Several families and businesses occupied the premises throughout the years. The Felix Fabinski-last owners of the home-donated the home to the South Milwaukee Historical Society in 1972.
The home was opened as the South Milwaukee Historical Society Museum in 1977. The Museum building and Auxiliary building in the rear of the property, function as Museum and Archives today.